Just returned from a 9 night stay, Our Villa (in Villa Mimosa) was lovely, spotlessly clean throughout the holiday, lovely comfy beds, high spec appliances etc.
The wind ... most days this was refreshing as it kept the temerature down a little.
Childrens facilities, trampoline & sand pit next to fish restaurant, great. Village square with playhouses & bikes, great. Childrens club, prices seem to vary greatly. Our 3 & 6 Year olds did a evening of 2 hours at a cost of 7.50 euros, which seemed good value, when then booked them in for a 43 hour afternoon session, cost for 6 year old was 10.50 euros which is reasonable but the cost for the 3 year old shot up from 7.50 euros for a 2 hour session to a wapping 19.50 euros for a 3 hour session. This is a little steep.
Food, the fish restaurant next to the beach pool is fabulous, great menu with lots of fish options but also steak, burgers etc. We ate here alot during our stay as its handy for the pool & has the added bonus of the sandpit & trampoline area just below so you can watch the kids play & enjoy a glass of wine or two!
The terrace restauant is OK but nothing to entertain the children, we took colouring etc the night we went with ours. It is not as good quality as the fish restaurant & service not as good, we werent even offered a wine list!
The restaurant in the village square .... suffers when busy, we ate there our last night when the childrens club staff were putting on entertainment in the square for the children. The entertainment was excellent but the restaurant just couldnt cope with the number of people & nooone seemed to know what they were doing. We purposely pre-booked our table days in advance on the terrace so that we could see the children playing, when we arrived they told us that wasnt possible as everyone wanted to eat outside, thats why we had reserved in the first place! We therefore had to wait a good 30 minutes for our table, the childrens food came quick & was fine but ours took ages, they kept bringing food which we hadnt ordered, which gave the message that they didnt know who had ordered what! When ours eventually arrived I had to send it back as it was cold. Even getting a drink seemed to be a chore on that eveving!
Stick with the fish restaurant its great.
Hire cars word of warning dont use Thrifty, when we got to the airport they told us the Peugeut 307 we had booked had been involved in a crash & the only car was could have was a tiny one which meant the kids had to have a holdall in between them in the back of the car as the boot was tiny, this infact was dangerous. The car also had something wrong with the fanbelt & pulled to the right of the road all the time. It was like "Del Boys" car. Dont use Thrifty!
Overall a lovely relaxing holiday & we would return again.
Geared mostly to people with children under say 10 in my opinion, would not recommend for couples without children.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.