Stayed at this hotel with my partner and 2 teenage children for a second time. We all had an amazing time just like the first 2 years ago. The staff at the hotel like all others have said cannot do enough for you. The rooms are a great size, well furnished and spotless clean. We loved the food and there was plenty of choice for all, including my 14 year old who is very fussy! Just a point of note, unlike what the previous reviewer has stated, this hotel isn't an adult only hotel! Children are very welcome, this hotel accepts visitors from all ages and always has. If you want to stay in a hotel that has no children then I suggest you book an "Adult Only" hotel, there is plenty of them around. We found the waiters in the restaurant to be fantastic and worked really hard and were always very pleasant and friendly. To our knowledge there were no issues with the food when we were there. We loved it! We booked our holiday through Thomson and were very impressed with the service from the transfers to and from the airport to the service in the hotel itself. The Thomson rep seemed to be never away from the hotel and worked very hard. She seemed to take a geniune interest in her guests and cared if we were enjoying our holiday or not! We booked the superday trip and it was the best we have ever been on, our guide was superb, the jeeps were a great way to see the countryside and little villages. We also went on the catamaran cruise and again the staff on the boat couldn't do enough for us. We would highly recommend this hotel to all although the resort itself is rather quiet, but if you want busy then Albuferia is on the doorstep and only a short and cheap taxi ride away! Go and enjoy, and avoid the old moaners and whingers who seem to frequent this hotel alot surprisingly and walk around as if they own the place.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira
- Riu Palace Algarve
- Riu Palace Algarve Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira, Portugal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Olhos d???Agua in the Algarve. 4-storey building standing on a cliff. 15 minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 km from Albufeira. 500 m from various shops. 35 km from the airport. 500 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.