This is my first trip to Amsterdam and I am sure I will return again. The hotel was excellent and the staff went out of their way to make sure your stay was memorable. We had a beautiful room over looking the river. Luckily the sun shone in the afternoon so we went down stairs and sat on the veranda sunbathing and watching the boats go by! I only have a couple of negitive remarks which are the hotel in not in the centre of all the hussle and bussel of Amsterdam so if you like the nightlife and easy access to resturants this is not the hotel for you, but if the opposite is the case you can't fault it. The other was 2 hotel guest who shouted at me for going in the wrong door with my shoes on as it was the spa, they obvousily had the money to stay there but no manners!! should of pushed them in the river!!
On travel, if you are coming into Skipol airport you need to get a ticket for the train to Amsterdam, please make sure you are standng at the right end of the platform as 2 different trains pull in at the sation. The ticket machines are automatic and can be translated to English for easy use. When you arrive at the station the best option is a tram although it is not clear which is the best one to go on - the No 10 goes on a large loop around the city. The main ones that we used were 10 12 and 7 this will get you around easily. Go to your nearest underground station and buy tickets for the tram/bus it will cost around 12 euros for 3 days, which is excellent value for money, the same ticket system applies for this as well so easy peasy. If you fancy a boat trip don't be shy about asking a local as we did mind you he turned out to be South African ( yes Robert I am talking about you!) he owned a 1960's wooden boat, beautiful and we had a lovely tour of the canals.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.