We have spent a small part of our honeymoon at the Corte dei Papi and honestly this was not a good idea. We should have spent all of our time there. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to - and I have travelled a lot.
The location is a little bit off the main routes and the hotel is hard to find (don't trust your GPS!), but it is definitely worth all the efforts to get there.
The service is professional but personal and very client oriented. In fact it is David, the owner, who takes care of it all. For instance: I was not able to book our winetour in advance, so I told David last minute that we would like to do a tour the next day and he managed to organize one for us.You all should take advantage of this possibility also - the tours are quite interesting (also for people that are not too much acquainted with the topic as my husband).
The property itself is a real relais, as you would imagine it to be found in Tuscany - a real vision. The garden and the pool are both lovely and perfectly clean. During our stay there were very little people at the pool with is another advanges. And there will never be a lot, as the number of rooms is limited and most people are travelling during the day.
One last very good advice is: Do not bother to go into town for dinner! Better stay there at the hotel, you will be served the best food ever! After we saw the outdoor dining facility we decided to give it a chance for the first night, because it looked nice, but then we came back again every night, as we were sure, we wouldn't get meals like that anywhere else (although in Tuscany you do not find bad dinner places too easily anyway). Even if you do not stay at the hotel, go there for dinner!
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel Cortona
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in the Tuscan countryside, just few minutes from Cortona, La Corte dei Papi is an oasis of peace and quiet, ideal for those who like to enjoy traditional local atmosphere. All rooms are each unique in decor with handmade antique furnishings and fine crafted linens. Our restaurant offers guests traditional Tuscan dishes alongside with more modern and elaborate culinary combinations. To add to atmosphere, during summer, guests can dine outside, around the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Relais La Corte dei Papi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.