We've just returned from a wonderful 3 day stay at the Villa Belvedere.
I was introduced to this family run Hotel as a young child and have frequented the Villa Belvedere on many occasions since; but this time with a difference - I went as a Mum myself, with my husband and two children (aged 6 & 3).
The hotel appears to have recently been refurbished, yet maintaining it's welcoming homely atmosphere and beautiful antiquities. And whilst we didn't spend much time indoors, to enjoy the quiet surroundings of the pool & gardens, it was a wonderful treat to be upgraded to a Sea View Room with Terrace overlooking the beautiful bay below, and Mount Etna.
The family room & bathroom was most comfortable, including 2 TV's & A/C units & regular hotel amenities found in most hotel rooms. Both Hotel accommodation and grounds are extremely well-kept.
The staff were most helpful and courteous towards us and our children. It was also pleasant to see the 'hands-on family' whilst they went about their daily hotel duties.
Both breakfast & lunch served by the pool was most plentiful & full of natural Sicilian flavour! We made it a point to enjoy at least one daily helping each of their famous Tiramisu (...if I'm not mistaken, home-made by the Hotel Managers' Aunt). I have tried a many Tiramisu, but it is hand's down the best ever!!!
We spent most of our days by the pool (eating, drinking, swimming, enjoying the views, enjoying the sounds of the crickets, enjoying the surrounding greenery & flowers). We would then enjoy dinner in the nearby town centre after a stroll through the beautiful gardens just a few metres away from the Hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect for a family, as it's close to the gardens and town, yet away from the hustle and bustle of it all.
We definitely recommend the Villa Belvedere & will most definitely return...save us some Tiramisu :)
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere its a delightful and romantic hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It's an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.