Check-in and Check-out was fast and without problems, the room I had (business) was OK, but nothing special. It was clean and functional but this is to be expected in a best western.
Parking costs €18.00 a day in an unguarded carpark that is a short walking distance from the hotel, this though is not for the whole day... its per exit.. so if you need to use the car more than once a day, it can become expensive. and many times instead of using the discount from the hotel, I used the normal pay meter, and just paid for the hours used. in short, If you need to "come and go" and you need your own car as opposed to public transport, a better option is to think twice.
The Breakfast was OK, very limited cooked option (boiled eggs and toast..) and limited to the continental style, more focused on a pastry and cup of coffee. Some fruit and cereals were on offer, but not a great selection.
If you opt for the business package, you have included in the price 1 small bottle of coca-cola, 2 bottles of water and a snack from the mini bar. Plus a small selection of bath/shower liquids on arrival and a daily paper. The hotel forgot to give me the first on the first day and the second on the second day.. although someone did go out and get me my paper upon request.
The room is very compact, and little space is left over after the fixtures and fittings, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows of good quality. The bathroom did not include a bath, but due to its limited size, only had a shower, the water pressure and temperature were both very good. All rooms are non-smoking and if you are a smoker, will need to exit the hotel for a quick puff. The room safe, was very good, a good size model, nnot the little boxes you usually find.
The hotel Wifi is free and the signal was strong throughout the tested areas, and the allocated bandwidth was also very good, no problems with signal or speed throughout the whole stay.
The location is very good, and many of the cultural visits of Genova are close by. although as stated previously, the trade-off for this is lack of dedicated parking.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Porto Antico Hotel
- Best Western Porto Antico Hotel Genoa
- Best Western Genoa
- Best Western Hotel Genoa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hotel Porto Antico in Genoa,is a 3 stars hotel situated in the center of Genoa close to the Old Port of Genoa and the Aquarium of Genoa, welcomes you in the comfort and relaxed atmosphere of its rooms.All of the rooms' hotel are air conditioned and soundproofed, equipped with 26-inch LCD televisions with calcium Mediaset Premium, Wi-Fi for laptops, and safe maximum size of 15 inches.Experience the excitement of living in the historical center of Genoa Renaissance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Porto Antico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.