We stayed at Luna Di Marzo for 2 nights in May and we were not disappointed!
I had read the reviews and had mixed feelings about the location of the hotel but it all worked out well. In terms of the location yes it is quite remote and up a mountain in a little town called Volastra but this was not a problem. We were able to take the bus from Manarola (although note the bus does come every one and a half hours or so) and on one of the days I even managed to walk! It was quite challenging for me as I am extremely unfit and a smoker but I made it and felt great afterwards! In any event the views are well worth any inconvenience- the hotel is clean, tranquil and great for a romantic escape to Cinque Terre.
Breakfast was more than adequate and the restaurant in the town serves really nice authentic Italian food at reasonable prices.
The manager was friendly and quite helpful.
I would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Luna Di Marzo Hotel
- Luna Di Marzo Riomaggiore
- Luna Di Marzo Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of the hotel offers a wonderful sight of Cinque Terre and the sea. On our panoramic terrace, we prepare a typical Italian breakfast far away from any noise or stress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Luna di Marzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.