Where do I start? My mother and I spent three nights at Marco and Daniela's lovely B&B, and I wish we had spent 10 days there.
Daniela and Marco were the most accommodating hosts - they tended to our every need, keeping us fed and hydrated, offering advice on sights, eateries and transportation, and generally made us feel 100% at home. The bedrooms and bathrooms at La Duchessa A Roma are spotless. The food in the morning is nothing short of abundant.
Their hospitality knows no bounds... Two examples:
(1) Seeing that my mother was having a difficult time getting around (she's 82 and has some mild mobility issues), Marco offered to drive us to Vatican City for our (very early in the morning) tour of the Sistene Chapel.
(2) We made our booking well in advance of our trip; by the time we decided to spend an extra day in Rome, although Marco and Daniela could not accommodate us for a fourth night, they arranged for us to stay at a nearby B&B run by a friend of theirs - and even transported us and our luggage there!
I can not wait to return to Rome, and to spend more time at La Duchessa A Roma!
Mille grazie, Marco e Daniela!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed & Breakfast LA DUCHESSA A ROMA is your penthouse in the Capital, the ideal accommodation to stay in the ‘Citta Eterna’ (The Eternal City). We are located in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Rome, Monteverde, very close to the Trastevere Train Station which provides very good connections to Fiumicino Airport, Viterbo, Civitavecchia and the area of the ‘Sabina Romana’. From our Bed & Breakfast – after an excellent and plentiful breakfast – you will easily reach charming and cultural places in Rome. After a day exploring our beautiful city, you will relax on our large and panoramic terrace. To reach the centre of the city, you just need to take the tram number 8, only 200 meters from the flat, which will bring you into Largo Torre Argentina after having crossed Trastevere, the most charming and eventful neighborhood in Rome. Once you get off the tram in Largo Argentina, you can easily walk to the Pantheon, the Navona Square or the Campidoglio. And few steps further, you will find yourself at the Trevi Fountain, the Spagna Square and the Vatican. All rooms are decorated in excellent style and equipped with all comforts: conditioning air, Sky Cinema and Sport TV Channels and Wireless Internet Connection. In addition, you will always get fresh and clean linen. Walls are decorated with the works of art of painter Giuliano Gentile. In few words, LA DUCHESSA A ROMA is the ideal place to stay for those visiting our wonderful city either for work, tourism or to stay closer to your relatives – the B&B is very close to the Hospital San Camillo-Forlanini. We love Rome and for us it is a pleasure to help our guests feel in harmony with our city as well as discover what it can offer. For this reason, we have spent attention to detail in our B&B, with the aim at providing you with a warm and cosy place, where we will exercise the Art of Reception. If you want to stay in a comfortable, friendly and hospitable lodging just a few steps from the historical center of Rome, this is the right place and we are sure you will not forget your holiday with us. You will always be welcome at LA DUCHESSA A ROMA. Marco e Daniela ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your B&B La Duchessa A Roma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.