Le Stanze del Vicere' is immaculate and-- at least my room, overlooking a courtyard with orange and lemon trees-- was extremely quiet. I'm pretty sensitive to noise and this room was the quietest I've had anywhere in Italy-- even in the countryside.
Breakfast not exciting but the room is georgeous--- high high painted ceilings.
The outside looks very rough (16th century paint, perhaps, in the outside courtyard stairway)-- but inside is super clean. The rooms are on the 2nd floor (3rd floor to Americans), and since the floors are very high-- you're looking at close to 60 steps!! Keeps the riff-raff out. (those who have to have a Marriott). Can't reccomend the house wine on sale-- it would be ok at 4 Euro, but not 8.
Better rates thru hotel.com than at the hotel-- when I wanted to extend my stay- - Use better sense than I did and either get a taxi from the train station ($10-$15 Euro max). or if u walk, go up the main st. past left side of Nat'l Museum, not up Stella (which is rough going with a wheeled bag).
Hotel Location-- on the hill above the National Archeological Museum (a must for Pompeii visitors). A short walk to the museum. Naples is noisy and dirty and chaotic and womderful. I am a 60 + yr old woman traveling alone-- I had no problems, night or day--- just use normal city street smarts.
I advise jumping on the bus on the main st. 1/2 block from hotel, the first day, and see where it takes you. Do check out the Capodimomte Museum if you're interested in art. (on that bus lline)
- Also Known As:
- Le Stanze Del Vicere` Hotel
- Le Stanze Del Vicere` Hotel Naples
- Le Stanze Del Vicere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent staircase, made in the XVI c. by the architect Luigi Vanvitelli, leads to the residence. Furnished in classic style inspired by Royal époque, The Residence with its elegant and Big Hall welcomes the pleasant activities dedicated to Guests:from the breakfast, authentic surprise of the Residence, to the pleasant reading of Neapolitan theatrical texts and tourist guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Le Stanze del Vicere' reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.