Location, location, location! Very nice hotel within walking distance of so many wonderful places in Barcelona. Right in the gothic quarter with short walks to Las Ramblas & the Placa de Catalunya or the water front. Many wonderful restaurants, cafes, shops, museums -- simply a great place to wander & get lost in! And amazingly easy to get lost in, too!
It's modern, clean, small lobby, elevators, helpful & friendly staff who speak English. The exterior is kind of cold & stark, & the street feels almost like an alley. But this is probably a good thing because it's right in the heart of the gothic quarter but misses the frenzy of it. They serve quite a good breakfast buffet in a very pleasant room, & it was quite reasonable.
My room faced an inner court, so all I could see out my window were facing rooms. I believe the facing building was apartments because many windows were wide open & it was pretty noisy with loud music on one night (my window was shut, with AC on). You might want to ask for a room on the outside -- I believe some have balconies.
Comfortable bed, typical bathroom with tub/ hand-held shower & no curtain, plenty of hot water.
This was a great hotel in a great location & I would definitely recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Duc De La Victoria Hotel
- Nh Duc De La Victoria Hotel Barcelona
- Nh Hotels Barcelona
- Nh Hotel Barcelona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nh Barcelona Centro (formerly called NH Duc de la Victoria) is a 3 stars Hotel ideally located in the middle of Barcelona Gothic Quarter, the oldest and most historical area, right in the center of the city. The Hotel is sourrounded by a pedestrian area very close to the main shopping streets, Portal del Angel and Portaferrissa. This perfect location makes NH Barcelona Centro the ideal starting point to discover the charming of the art at the street while walking among the Ramblas, only some meters away from the hotel. Also not far from there we can find the majesty of the gothic Cathedral and other master pieces like La Pedrera or Casa Batlló from Gaudi. The rest of this fascinating city is easily reachable by public transportation: train, metro, touristic bus, air bus, all of them with station at Plaça Catalunya only a walk away from the hotel. NH Barcelona Centro welcomes all guests with a warm and cozy decoration that in union with the high quality service provided by the professional staff guarantees a perfect stay. All our 156 rooms benefit from natural daylight and soudproof windows and are fully equiped with all the commodities. The Hotel area is really quiet at night which guarantees a perfect rest, the traffic is restricted from 11 to 15 h and from 17 - 20:30 h. At the first floor we serve the Breakfast Buffet that is really appreciated by our clients, with a big variety of colorfull, fresh products and welcomming staff. The hotel also has two meeting rooms and offers all the tecnologic equipment you may need. For clients travelling by car we have arrenged some spaces in a nearby public parking (SABA Catedral)placed in the Cathedral's square at a very convenient rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your NH Barcelona Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.