best part of the hotel (noted in multiple other reviews) - centrally located on Las Rambla, walking distance to Gothic quarter, waterfront, Plaza Catalunya, 5 min walk to 2 metro stations (getting you to Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, Pg. Gracia - upscale shopping/dining, Montjuic, etc). Numerous dining possibilities within walking distance.
this is a BUSY city hotel, caters to cruise ship tour passengers (think loud, north americans travelling in herds) and flight crews (think impatient, annoyed guests at checkout). If you are looking for a peaceful lobby this is NOT it. However, the hotel is clean and modern, and the location can't be beat (see above).
Kind and trying their best, but clearly overworked, inexperienced (many trainees) therefore there is no attention to detail and often, details are forgotten. Constantly a line for the concierge, other times, simply none at the desk. Wake up call was late. Bags were misplaced and delivered erroneously. Rooms will NOT be available until official 3 pm check in (very busy). Our concerns were fairly and professionally addressed by the manager Walter, so he deserves credit for that and for honestly describing the demands placed on the hotel.
clean, modern. However, stark and not luxurious or "warm/cozy." Bathrooms are very modern and clean, showers are great with excellent pressure. Noise not an issue off of Rambla, which stays bustling until 1-2 am! Poor quality linens considering a 5 star rating.
eat across the street at the modern italian and chinese restaurants, and around the corner at Bar Lobo (modern tapas).
compare the price to Hotel 1898 which is across the street and quieter, more upscale with great rooftop pool and bar.
Also consider a few days at the W hotel by the marina to experience the beach culture (Barceloneta neighborhood), we checked out this place which was pretty amazing (pool, beach access) but also has a trendy "seen and be seen" kind of place.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Downtown Hotel close to business area & all major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.