* The hotel is very new, clean and modern, styled in an artistic way, perhaps more suited to a younger clientele
* The staff were friendly and helpful
* There were no sneaky hidden charges for using Wi-fi, safe, etc.
* While not located in the city centre, the hotel is only 2 minutes walk to Barcelona's really excellent Metro system, so you can get anywhere in the city in not much time
* There are quite a few small shops, pharmacies, pattiseries, etc. near the hotel, but it's a bit quiet at night, with not many nice (or tourist-friendly) bars or restaurants nearby.
* The free wi-fi worked fine. You had to get a username & password from reception and enter it once on your phone or laptop. From then on, the device was immediately recognised any time we returned to the hotel. If you have more than one device, you need to get an extra username/password for each.
* Our room was beside the elevator, and we could occasionally hear noise from people waiting for it, or getting in and out. This was low season, and this would be likely to be much more annoying in summer. Also the walls seemed thin - in the quiet of the night I could hear someone snoring in another room.
* Our bathroom was supplied with only very small tubes of shower gel and shampoo, and no spare toilet roll. And only on the third day, we also got a small bar of soap.
* The breakfast was okay, though the juices on offer were not good. They tasted like second-rate juices (from concentrate) that had been watered down!
* We had to pay a €5 deposit to get a remote control for the TV. This wasn't mentioned at check-in, so we spent a while looking for the remote, then had to call reception, then go back down to reception to get one.
* The light by the room door only came on for 20 seconds or so, which was really annoying when, say, unpacking clothes into the wardrobe.
* The room safe didn't work, we had to get a key from reception to use it. But there was no extra charge for using it.
* The room only had two electrical sockets, both on one side of the bed.
Avoid rooms beside the elevator (201, 301, 401, etc.). Potential for noise/disturbance!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
30 December 2011
Report response as inappropriate
First of all we'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your recent stay in Barcelona and for taking the time to write about you experience and share some helpful insider's tips with your fellow travelers.
As you described in your review, we offer a safe box with no extra charge, and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Our location gives our guests the perfect combination of both the touristy and local flavor. On one hand we are a short metro ride from down town BCN (Plaza Catalunya) for those ready to enjoy the cosmopolitan side of the city, and on the other hand, only a short walk away from local tapas bars and cafes, for those eager to discover other sweet authentic side.
We would love to have you back as guest next tie you are in town. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call in advance so we can arrange any especific requests regarding the room location.
Acta Ink 606
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC