We booked this room through my husband's company to get a better rate and I am so glad we only needed to stay one night! The room was small, not by American standards or European standards or any standards, just really small and claustrophobic. We had to put our suitcase on the built in desk since there wasn't space on the floor unless we wanted to climb over the suitcase it to get to the bed, bathroom or out the door.
The shower was nice but the furnishings in general were a bit tired and the hallway really needed work.
Nothing was free and everything was expensive. It is sort of like they "gotch'a" Since the hotel is about 20 minutes by car, from all the attractions of the city and did not have any pay parking lot that we could find we were left with no choice or other options than to park in their parking lot which cost 8Euros a day. To use their internet station (we didn't bring our laptop) it would have cost us 30cents a MINUTE, we found an internet cafe in the old city which was 1Euro an hour. Breakfast was not included either, but we decided to add it for the sake of convenience, it was huge with a lot of choices, mostly worth the 10Euros per person.
For some reason they were pushing a special kind of bottled water at 20Euros a bottle but when we tried it (finally something for free!) at the breakfast it just tasted like water.
The staff was friendly and the room was clean but next time we are in Heidelberg we will look for somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Heidelberg Hotel Heidelberg
- Holiday Inn Heidelberg Hotel
- Holiday Inn Heidelberg
- Heidelberg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes by public transport from theOld Town and the Heidelberg Castle the Holiday Inn Heidelberg is a great location for those visiting Heidelberg for travel needs. This Heidelberg hotel is easy accessible from the highway A5 and just 5 minutes distance to the main station. Companies like SAP Walldorf, Heidelberger Druck, Henkel and Wild Werke are located in our direct neighbourhood. Relax in our modern business room featuring amenities like a quiet room location, a large working desk and wireless internet access. Start your day with a healthy breakfast which contains a large variety of organic food. Experience a high quality room service or indulge yourself after a hard work day with a fine dining in one of our two restaurants. Our team is looking forward welcoming you. We can help make your day so join our fitness area and unwind in the sauna. We are here - ready with all you need to make your trip to Heidelberg a successful one. We are the Holiday Inn Heidelberg! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.