The Sofitel at the end of the vieux port is simply great. We splurged out on a balcony room which had an amazing view of the old port and all of the wonderful architecture opposite (our daughterr had a standard harbour view room with an equeally great view). The perfect distance from the restaurant areas of vieux port allowed us to work off the excesses on the leisurely walk home. The staff were all professional and friendly, and could not do enough to help.The heated pool was a perfect mix of leisure and pool shape, and breakfasts were on a grand scale.
Marseille to me is a complex mix...a bit of Glasgow sur mer, but with the city of culture looming next year, well worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel Marseille
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port
- Sofitel Marseille
- Marseille Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of France's oldest port city, this hotel is a stopover between the Riviera, the Camargue and Lubéron,and a short boat ride away from the Château d'If on its famous island setting and the Calanques. Near La Canebière, the hotel offers an exceptional view over the Vieux-Port. In the evenings, relax in the cozy atmosphere of the L'Odyssée piano bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tablet Hotels, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.