There is a great deal that is good about this hotel:
• Terrific location
• Very clean property, room, bedding, etc.
• Very, very helpful staff at the front desk – nice, kind, friendly, and informative
However, you need to be familiar with what you can expect at a 3-star hotel – which I think this hotel is very honest about. The rooms are very small – although updated, they are pretty old. The finishes (flooring, tile, etc.) are not luxury – and would be know in the US as “builder’s grade”. There was a group of students on a tour who occupied most of the rest of the hotel – they were very respectful and did not make much noise – however the fact that they ALL returned to the hotel at the same moment each day – and left in the morning at the same moment each day – depleted the property of hot water at the same moment each day.
I love the location – with the farmers market, the Metro stops, the vicinity to Notre Dame and everywhere else – make the location the best asset of the property. The staff are also very professional and an asset to the property.
I’m used to a bit more in creature comforts and should have probably been willing to pay more to get more.
I can recommend this property to travelers who are very budget conscious – especially those in their 20’s and 30’s who will really like the left bank character of the neighborhood. You will feel safe and be very satisfied with this property.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Claude Bernard Saint Germain
- Claude Bernard Saint Germain Paris
- Claude Bernard Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Claude Bernard Saint-Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.