We stayed at the 'Crowne Plaza' on the evening before catching an early morning flight. the choice of hotel was entirely based on economics, although having previously stayed at other 'Crown Plaza' hotels, i knew what the hotel offered. Check-in was quick and effective, and the bedroom had everything needed. We chose to eat at the hotel, and tried the attached Asian restaurant. Decent meal, although more expensive than the quality deserved. However, i was very surprised that the bill included a mandatory 12.5% 'service charge'. I had not seen any mention of such a charge on the menu (perhaps it was there and I missed it). However, the service provided by any of 3 servers, each with limited English was, at best, perfunctory, and undeserving of the mandatory service charge. Since I live in Canada, I am well used to the practice of 'tipping'. However, I want to be the one who dictates what the level of service deserved, not hotel management.
Overall, I would stay at the 'Crowne Plaza' again whenever I am flying in or out of Manchester airport.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fantastic Manchester Airport Hotel superbly located on the Airport complex, the four-star Crowne Plaza Hotel is within easy access of the M56, M60 and M62 as well as Manchester City Centre. The hotel boasts a stylish restaurant and bar, offering modern cuisine in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. Accommodation includes 294 well-appointed air-conditioned bedrooms that are ideal for both the business and leisure traveller. High-speed internet access is also available in all rooms. Spacious family rooms and Accessible rooms are also available. A complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport is available to all guests. The Park Stay & Go package offers guests accommodation, long stay parking & courtesy transport to & from the airport. Vehicles are transferred to a secure off site car parking facility working in conjunction with APCOA. Please note parking is for cars only. The Crowne Plaza has four superb dining options, plus 24 hour room service. We also offer small meeting facilities and ample car parking with accessible spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.