“St. Patty's in Dublin -- stay at Temple Bar Hotel!”
We just *happened* to be in Europe during St. Patrick's Day 2012, and my childhood friend just *happens* to live in Dublin, so we thought, Why not?!
Temple Bar Hotel was literally the only place in town that had an open room for under 250 euro/night on St. Patty's weekend, but it turned out to be a perfect place to stay.
- Location is absolutely perfect for experiencing night life and excitement in Dublin. Very close to the river, down the street from Trinity College, and immediately around the corner from the Airbus stop that will take you to/from the airport for a very convenient fee (I think it was 12 euro round trip or "return" as they say in Dublin).
- The room was clean, spacious, and pretty comfortable.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. (Shout-out to Jenny, who answered all our stupid questions with a graceful smile!)
- Breakfast was a good spread with a lot of great options.
- Bathroom was spacious, with a good shower and tub.
- Free wifi worked just fine; my husband even used it for a work-related Skype call with no problems.
- The bed wasn't particularly comfy; the mattress felt old and full of springs, so we tossed and turned all night and felt it every time.
- The door to the hallway was kind of thin, so we could easily hear anyone passing by outside. But if you go to bed late enough and wake up early enough, it's not a problem, because most people are in bed when you're trying to sleep.
- Not a lot of electrical outlets in the room! We had to unplug the TV to recharge our computers, etc.
Overall, a lovely experience. Recommended!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
27 March 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your detailed and honest review above! I appreciate the time you took to outline your thoughts on the hotel. I’m glad you were pleased with the standard of the hotel and the friendliness of our staff-I will make sure to praise Jenny for her great work as well as the other employees from the weekend. I am unhappy to hear that you were not satisfied with the mattress in your room. I will address this issue to the Accommodations Manager urgently.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next ‘random’ visit to the city!
Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin's Most Centrally Located Hotel
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC