The location of the Mercure Eastgate was excellent - parking was an additional £15 but well worth it. You leave your keys at reception and your car is reparked several times.
The hotel reception was great; the room was poor. I believe it was room 216 - at the end of the second floor corridor. The bathroom was almost the same size as the bedroom. Bed was a small double and just fit into the room. We felt very squashed.
We ate dinner in the hotel - first two courses were superb, but I think the chef must have left before the pudding order as the two sweets were just not up to the mark.
Breakfast was excellent.
Overall, attentive staff, good ambiance, central location - but poor room. We should definately have upgraded to a larger room.
I have given this hotel an average grade because of the room size and the pudding! Some parts were definately excellent though.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Eastgate Oxford Hotel Oxford
- Mercure Eastgate Oxford Hotel
- Accor Eastgate Oxford
- Mercure Oxford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th Century coaching inn, this 4 star hotel has 63 en suite rooms. The hotel is ideally situated for visiting the historic colleges as well as participating in the year round entertainment, including open air plays, river punting and the May Day celebrations. The main shopping area is nearby. Facilities are available for breakfast only. The hotel is easily accessible via M40, pay parking is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Otel, Travelocity, Venere, Olotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Eastgate Oxford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.