As everyone else has noted - the primary issue with this hotel is that it is a little out of central London, but makes up for it by being next door to the tube station on the Central Line. It should normally be reflected in the price, so it's your choice to make. If you're here for four days then put a weekly Zone 1-2 travelcard onto your Oyster and you're set. I've done what others have done which is add a little PAYG credit and gone to places like Hampton Court Palace, but the Oyster system works everything out for you. Travel from Heathrow by tube is slightly awkward having to shuttle from Acton Town to Ealing Broadway but the connections worked for me.
Hotel itself - if you've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before then this is the same standard. It's clean and comfortable, not huge but not tiny and a decent shower. Although I could see part of the tube platform from my room, I wasn't bothered by the sound at all and slept easily. Free breakfast was fine. Free wi-fi worked well. Some days when collecting the password they asked if I was a Priority Club member - technically I am but I was on a rate ineligible for credit so I left the card at home, but I just said "yes" and they were happy to hand over a new daily code without much fuss.
Also thought I'd note that the laundry service charges here are actually not that bad. I was planning to scout out a laundromat but as I only had a few items I wanted done I ended up just caving and using the service. As I continued my trip I noted that the prices here had been about 1/3 or 1/4 of the hotel laundry prices everywhere else. Naturally it'll still be far cheaper to use a laundromat, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Only service in the area I used was the Tesco Metro over the road - ultimately most of the time you'll just be jumping on that tube and going wherever you'd rather be.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and excellent transport links at the Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal hotel. A modern, 5-story hotel with striking blue-and-white facade, Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal is just 2 minutes' walk from North Acton Underground station for speedy links to central London and Westfield Shopping Centre. Friendly staff are waiting to greet you in our stylish Lobby, just 40 minutes by Tube from Heathrow Airport. Host business events for up to 60 delegates in one of Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's 3 naturally lit meeting rooms and check email anytime via FREE wireless Internet. We're located in the Park Royal Business Centre, home of Carphone Warehouse, and 3.5 miles from major conferences and exhibitions at Wembley conference centre. Westfield London, a 5-minute Tube journey from the hotel, is Europe's largest urban shopping centre with hundreds of designer shops, a cinema complex and many restaurants serving everything from Oysters to Mexican street food. It's 20 minutes to central London for Oxford Street shopping, West End theatre and world-famous attractions like the London Eye. Plan a day's sightseeing over FREE hot buffet breakfast selection at Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's open-plan Great Room. In the evenings you can watch live sport on the plasma TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.