The hotel backs right on to the tube (overground) station, it is on the central line so you can be in the centre of London in 15-20 minutes, ideal if you want visit the sites then get away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, although there is not a great deal to do around the hotel, I booked in and found the reception staff very pleasant, the hotel is very clean there is nothing to fault on that front.
Got to the room and considering it was a cold day the room was very warm, however being a northern lad it was far too warm for me, tried the air con but probably being the time of year it was just blowing air, got the window open and the cool breeze brought instant relief, as I was facing the tube station there was a bit of noise but it died down as it got later, however that changed at around 1.30 am when an industrial angle grinder and a bunch of underground repair staff started to maintainence work on the lines, got the window shut which cut most of the noise out, it didn't last long and is not the fault of the hotel.
The rooms are not big but there is a double bed and a large sofabed, the bathroom is well set out with an excellent shower, the tv is a modern flat screen but is only freeview, there are no Sky sports, the bed is reasonably comfy with a choice of soft or firm pillows.
I didn't sample the bar area but it was clean and modern,this is where they served breakfast in the morning, included in the price but unfortunately all I had time for was to pick up some fruit as I had to leave early.
All in all an enjoyable experience with a great location.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and excellent transport links at the Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal hotel. A modern, 5-story hotel with striking blue-and-white facade, Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal is just 2 minutes' walk from North Acton Underground station for speedy links to central London and Westfield Shopping Centre. Friendly staff are waiting to greet you in our stylish Lobby, just 40 minutes by Tube from Heathrow Airport. Host business events for up to 60 delegates in one of Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's 3 naturally lit meeting rooms and check email anytime via FREE wireless Internet. We're located in the Park Royal Business Centre, home of Carphone Warehouse, and 3.5 miles from major conferences and exhibitions at Wembley conference centre. Westfield London, a 5-minute Tube journey from the hotel, is Europe's largest urban shopping centre with hundreds of designer shops, a cinema complex and many restaurants serving everything from Oysters to Mexican street food. It's 20 minutes to central London for Oxford Street shopping, West End theatre and world-famous attractions like the London Eye. Plan a day's sightseeing over FREE hot buffet breakfast selection at Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's open-plan Great Room. In the evenings you can watch live sport on the plasma TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.