We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the end of April 2012 for a theatre break.
Our room didn't face the lock, so view-wise we only saw a brick wall, however it was a VERY quiet room and that's what we needed. The room was clean and relatively spacious compared to other London hotels we've stayed at before, however there were NO hot water in the shower in the mornings (around 7am) or in the evening, so we had to get back at lunchtime to have a proper shower which was a bit frustrating.
Breakfast was alright, eggs barely cooked but there was a selection of cereals, bread and rolls, beans, bacon, fruit, etc.
Internet - WiFi was a complete exaggeration and overly priced at 8 pounds for 24 hours. Everyone needs WiFi these days so overcharging for this service is in a way greedy of the hotel. The explanation that they have a fast connection is in my opinion just an excuse as usually for most people 1.5/25MB is enough to check emails/twitter/facebook.
Staff at the hotel were alright - I've seen previous reviews on TripAdvisor about how helpful they were, I have to say that apart from the lovely man whose name I've forgotten at the concierge - no one seemed to do that extra bit - it was just ordinary service nothing more, nothing else (and it's not necessarily a bad thing!).
Camden Town itself is lovely - lots of restaurants and coffee shops nearby, and of course the market is buzzing especially on Saturdays and Sundays.
Not sure I'd stay here again, as I'd rather stay at the Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel
- Holiday Inn Camden Lock
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock. This modern, stylish central London hotel is located in the heart of fashionable Camden Town & directly overlooking Regent's Canal. Camden Town, Euston, St Pancras & Kings Cross Tube & Rail stations are located only minutes from the hotel with easy access to the Eurostar International Terminal at St Pancras. There are regular links to Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and City airports via King’s Cross, St Pancras, Paddington & Victoria rail stations and the Underground. The hotel is located outside the congestion charge zone. The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock is sitting by Camden Markets and within walking distance to Regents Park, London Zoo, Lords Cricket Ground, Jazz Café, Koko & The Roundhouse Theatre. Make yourself comfortable in one of our 130 well-appointed rooms; with 1 or 2 double sized beds, plenty of room to swing a cat, hi-speed WiFi internet access (FREE in all public spaces) and also terraces for our fabulous Penthouse rooms! The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock now offers all-day dining menu throughout for your anytime and 24Hr munchies. The hotel also boasts 6 function rooms including the Glasshouse on the Lock with floor to ceiling windows can accommodate up to 350. The additional 5 conference rooms accommodate 4 to 180 delegates perfect for all occasions. See our event page for more and do look us up here, on TripAdvisor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.