One can honestly lose a week researching accommodations in London, which is usually tied to where one needs to be in this rather large city. For business reasons, I needed to be near S. Kensington and Holborn—thus, I opted for the Citadines, whose location is in a luxe area, close to major trans-city bus lines, and the Picadilly line (airport, straight shot to the center). Happiness. First, the apartment I received (501) was fabulous—a corner unit (Premier Studio) with a comfy bed and a fully functional kitchenette that lessened the “pain” associated with eating out in London. The hotel is very clean, the front desk professional, the location a short walk from the Gloucester (pronounced: Glah-ster) Underground. There is also free WIFI (good reception in our room) and a Starbucks around the corner from the entrance, in addition to a Waitrose (by the Underground—also a BOOTS and an ATM)-- a Tesco Express, and a couple of bakeries, eateries are across the street from the hotel, and a Whole Foods is also about a 15’ walk away. The 49 bus, which stops near the hotel, connects well with cross-town routes, and takes you to the Underground as well. Overall, if you get a good rate for this property, you really can’t go wrong—it’s an exceptional property in a lovely part of London.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige South Kensington Hotel London
- Citadines Prestige South Kensington Hotel
- Citadines Hotel London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment hotel; some with full kitchens; multilingual staff; restaurant & bar; situated near Kensington Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Citadines Prestige South Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.