Just stayed here for 2 nights (room 849, top floor) and was very satisfied overall with the stay at this Hilton property.
Pros / Things to note:
- Bed was fantastic. Had a queen size bed, 4 pillows and comfy/clean duvet and sheets.
- I don't know why so many people were complaining about expensive wifi? They offer one hour free wifi per day (which they said was good in the lobby to use), however, I was able to access it with no problem whatsoever from my room (8th floor). Also, whenever the one hour "limit" was up, I would just re-enter the passcode, and it would immediately give me another hour free! Was very happy and please about this.
- Bathroom is a bit tight, but was very clean and well appointed (after renovation). Grohe fixtures and premium lotions/shampoo/etc. provided.
- Maids did a great job. Very clean and neat job done everyday. Bathroom amenities fully replaced and stocked daily.
- Room 849 is sort of on a weird "corner" of the hotel layout, so actually the room was BIGGER than most similar rooms. Lots of space to move around.
- Hotel is located, as previous reviewers have mentioned, about 12-15 minute casual-paced walk from High Street Kensignton tube station. Lots of stores, supermarkets, etc. along the way. Very convenient. 20-25 minutes max to most central London sites.
Only a couple "cons" (with the 1st listed being the most disappointing!):
- Ordered room service (Fish & Chips, cost of 16£+5£ service charge = £21), and was unfortunately very disappointed with the food. The fish fell apart too easily (ie. mushed into a bunch of little pieces as I tried to eat), and the chips were overcooked (brown) on the outside but not cooked enough on the inside. For this price, I don't expect an out of world experience in terms of food quality, but it should be at least as good as something I can get down the road for 10£. They also called twice, while I was still eating, to ask me to go down and pay (had already told them to charge to CC)...which was a bit annoying.
- Room did not have things like: slippers, hair dryer, Q-Tips. Not the biggest deal in the world, but as a Hilton & 4-star ranked property, these type of amenities should be standard. I can imagine women having a possible bigger fuss with the no hair dryer issue.
Despite these couple minor cons/inconveniences, I would definitely recommend this Hilton property as a value choice for London. Will definitely consider staying here again upon my next return trip to London!
(*Thanks for reading - Hope this helps your travel planning, please hit the 'helpful' button if this review indeed was for you, cheers!*)
- Higher floors and on the back side (ie. facing courtyard/north) are the best combo for a room choi...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your review. Your comments, both the great and not so great have been shared with all my team here. I was delighted to learn that your overall stay was satisfactory.
I was very sorry to read about the issue you experienced with the fish & chips served to your room and will be raising this with the Chef to address where necessary.
The hairdryer in the room is located in the wardrobe on the shelf in a blac bag labelled hairdryer. In regard to the availability of slippers, Q-tips, upgraded bathroom amenities,and bathrobes are provided in our deluxe, Executive and Suites as a standard.
Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Happy travelling! Richard, Director of Operations.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC