I`m a regular guest at goodman`s and having visited dozens of steakhouses all over Europe I have to say, these guys are THE best by significant margin. - Ok i haven`t in hawksmoor but they close at the time when i would go so probably i will never go there.
- I recommend their USDA prime ribeye which is not only the best price to quality ratio but the best cut of the shop as well. If i`m really hungry i just order two instead of the bigger cuts which are also very good.
- Their barcbecue is simply the best, it gives such an extra flavour to the meat that beats everything I`ve tried.
- Although i tried pretty much everything on their menu, i would skip the appetizers (and eat another ribeye), wouldn`t ever order any sauce or sides for the meat - it only distracts attention from the meat which is the best without any pepper, sauce & stuff.
- Dessert menu changes from time to time, they are all good but again - just eat another ribeye.
- They have a good selection of Islay whiskeys as well, I always exclusively drink those from the island which are - being a foreigner - i must say the most unique alcholic beverage of the UK. Either hate or love - there is no inbetween.
- The atmosphere is also excellent - the Canary Wharf branch has a definite film-noir feeling during the night!
I`m not willing to take any guests or clients to any other steakhouse in London to be honest, maybe Hawksmoor is better but finding such a high reliable quality is very hard these days.
If you own or manage Goodman, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.