Business trip to Liverpool. Stayed for nights. I genuinely wanted to like this hotel because the hotel itself is very nice with very good amenities.
• Fresh, modern hotel with clean rooms and very comfortable furniture
• Complementary wifi in room. Patchy reception, but got the job done and was much appreciated.
• No noise issues in room. Bliss!
• Good variety of hot and cold in the breakfast buffet
• Excellent quality of room service food.
• Hotel charged £20 a night for valet parking, which even for a business customer is on the excessive side. They warned me that I would need to give 30 minutes’ notice for the staff to go pick up my car and have it ready each morning. So that is exactly what I did the first morning. When I got to reception, I was told that someone was on their way to collect my car. Ten minutes later, I see a person leave the building with my car keys. Another ten minutes later he arrives with my car. I had to sit in reception for 20 minutes waiting for my car, having already given them 30 minutes’ notice before I got to reception. Was not happy with the lie the receptionist told me and having to wait 20 minutes! That evening I reminded reception again what time I wanted my car ready and they said no problem and that they would ring me in my room when it arrived. The next morning, no one called me and again the car did not arrive when I requested it. AGAIN, I had to wait 20 minutes in reception for my car to arrive and this time I was late for a meeting. I complained again to the reception and they apologised and said it would not happen again. The next two days I had no problems. When I asked for a refund for the £20 parking fee for the first two days, I was turned down. Suffice to say I was not impressed.
• My reservation was for a standard room with a double bed. Upon arriving at the hotel I was told that the only rooms left were twins and that they would move me into a double bed room after my first night. Well, no one even bothered to contact me about this. Luckily, the twin beds were more than comfortable enough for me.
• TV in my room did not work on the first night. When I asked someone to look at it, they said there was nothing they could do and that maintenance would look at it the next day. They did offer to move me to another room, but I had literally just unpacked my clothes for a week and wasn’t in the mood for moving. So the next day, returning from work in the evening, I asked reception if my TV had been fixed. They said yes. I went into my room to be surprised by a maintenance guy only JUST starting to look at the TV. So, another lie by the receptionists (different people each time). Another 30 minutes went by sitting around in my room waiting for him to fix the TV.
• Upon checkout, a lot of additional room service items were added to my bill. After I had corrected the receptionist and left for the day, I realised I had forgotten to get a copy of the revised invoice. Called them up, they said they would email me the new invoice. Still waiting….
Reading other reviews here, my hunch is that I got an unlucky, one off bad experience with the customer service. I cannot fault the hotel itself. I return to Liverpool in a week. I will not be staying here.
Stayed in 212. Twin Beds. Broken TV that is now fixed. It's a corner room and therefore very ver...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
23 April 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for your recent review. Please accept my personal apologies for the poor customer service experience of your last stay.
I am really sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we did not meet your expectations.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail with me I would be pleased to speak to you.
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC