Recently returned from a 3 day Superbreak at the Lincoln Holiday Inn. We had a twin room on the front of the hotel with great views out across the water. Huge comfortable beds, decent bathroom -(water could have been set a bit hotter!), large flat screen TV and usual tea and coffee facilities. We ate breakfast in the hotel each day and this was good...wide choice of cooked, continental, breads, yougurts, fruits, cereals, and delicious mini danish pasteries/croissants etc. Did not need to use hotel restaurant otherwise as there are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance and several chains (Ask, Handmade Burger, Nandos etc ) almost next to the hotel. We walked up to the Cathedral Quarter twice..Yes, it is a steepish hill, but not a difficult walk...coming back down more tricky especially as it was raining! The walk is worth it! Lovely medieval street, with cathedral, castle and Roman remains at the top.
My one gripe with the Hotel, one mentioned elsewhere, was the charge for Wi-fi. When so many places now offer free Wi-Fi as standard, then the Holiday Inn charge does seem pretty steep. (Also it is not mentioned in the Wi-fi advertising in the room.)
Would I use Holiday Inn again...only if I got a good deal. Their advertised prices are very high for what they offer, compared, for example, with Premier Inns, though I recognise that people rarely pay the advertised price!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lincoln Hotel Lincoln
- Holiday Inn Lincoln Hotel
- Lincoln Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lincoln hotel, set in the centre of this contemporary city, contrasted by architectural treasures that reflect its rich history. When you're looking for a hotel in Lincoln for business travel or a weekend break, the Holiday Inn Lincoln is ideally located in the city centre on the Brayford Marina, near shopping, entertainment and major routes. At the Holiday Inn Lincoln, you'll be met with outstanding service, amenities and a spacious air-conditioned guest room with an en-suite bath and shower, ergonomic workspace, high-speed Internet for a fee, and a view of either the waterfront or Lincoln Cathedral and Lincoln Castle. We offer Full English Breakfast and dinner, the Sports Bar shows all sporting events on our large array of screens with a menu to compliment your dining experience and views of the Brayford Waterfront - 'Kids Stay and Eat Free'. Throughout the day, you can enjoy delicious fare. A sought after conference and meetings facility, the Holiday Inn Lincoln hotel offers 3 well-designed meeting rooms filled with natural light, accommodating up to 35 delegates, with a large, secure car park behind the hotel. Events: Christmas Market, Waddington Air Show, LLAMA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Lincoln reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.