Thank you for our daughter and our now son-in-law’s really magnificent wedding weekend at The Merewood.
We came with high expectations and we can honestly say that every member of staff exceeded them in every respect – there was no-one who ‘put a foot wrong’ at any time. From our very first visit to view the hotel, through all the planning stages and on the day itself, we were given every confidence that it would be a perfect weekend and a very special day… and you did it – it was just that!
We were taken with the friendliness, passion and enthusiasm of Joe on our very first visit (and during the weekend itself), when he made us feel most welcome. Indeed, he wasn’t trying to sell us “what you had got”, he was keen to know what we wanted and to explain how Merewood could then accommodate it for us.
As for Helen, you could not wish for a better, more professional Wedding Coordinator. Nothing was too much trouble when we asked and, very often, she had already anticipated things. She was a very calming influence throughout (and that was very much appreciated at key times!), not only because of her knowledge, experience and attention to detail, but also because she has a very caring, seemingly unflappable and very helpful nature.
After such a successful event, however, it is unfair to mention only those people we had direct contact with - Joe, Helen and Adam, who was always not only willing to help but also to ask if there was anything he could do for us at that particular time. Your “unsung hero’s” also deserve credit:
- the friendly room-maids who were willing to chat and have a joke whilst they waited patiently on the landing for those guests with back trouble, i.e. those who couldn’t get their back off the bed
- the bar staff who didn’t once show how harassed they must have been at times trying to pick up drinks orders over the general background noise and, later, over the extremely loud disco music
- the servers at the wedding breakfast who weaved their way professionally, and with a smile, around children playing on the floor and guests who were socialising with guests on other tables between every course – the atmosphere was marvellous
- anyone else I have missed who played a part in anyway, big or small, to make the occasion so successful.
I have deliberately left until last the chef and the kitchen team. Having seen (and eaten) the quality of the bar snacks on Friday night, any doubts that we may have had (but didn’t) about a wedding breakfast for so many, some with dietary restrictions, were dispelled well before the big day itself. The food simply was amazing – I personally heard quite a few people say after the meal that it was the best meal that they had ever had at a wedding, and I couldn’t agree more!
It was a truly wonderful wedding weekend – one that we will always remember and one that I know our daughter and son-in-law will relive many times over the coming weeks as it happily settles into their memories. It was very much down to the Merewood Hotel, its staff and its idyllic location.
Once again thank you all so much.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less