I've stayed at this hotel 7 or 8 times this past 2 years on business, but my family have visited a few times also. It's located just on the edge of the town in a decent area. Shops and restuarants just over the road - plenty of value and quality.
I woudl put this HI Express a notch above most HI Express hotels to be honest.
There's no parking, thus that's an extra over the road int he NCP (camera's etc so thats good). The lobby and bar area are nicely done. The bar is pretty decent for a small hotel. The free breakfast is pretty good with plenty of choice (for those that grumble about HI Express breakfats, do remember it is free. Go elsewhere if you don't like it...). Plenty of seating. Staff have always been good here.
The rooms are well renovated and typical size. Good TV and channels. There is a gym over the road which is free to hotel guests, it's decent though doesn't open too early at the weekend. Ice Machine and microwave for familes.
I always try and stay at this hotel when in Cheltenham. It's way way way better than the other lower/mid brand hotels in the area. A Class above them.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham Hotel Cheltenham
- Holiday Inn Cheltenham
- Cheltenham Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AWARD WINNER - 'Hotel of the Year 2012' Award!We welcome you to the award-winning Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham hotel, opposite The Brewery complex. This exciting hotel is perfectly located in Cheltenham Town Centre, and is a short journey from Cheltenham Racecourse. Cheltenham is a beautiful spa town located in the heart of The Cotswolds, famous for its horse racing, Regency heritage and architecture. Easy access to the hotel via M5, Junction 10, and 1 mile to Cheltenham railway station and 50 miles to Bristol Airport. Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham hotel offers 132 air conditioned en suite bedrooms with modern facilities including high speed internet access and WIFI. All room rates include Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast. Guests have free use of health facilities at Fitness First, along with up to 25% off food at well known branded restaurants opposite the hotel. NCP car parking is available adjacent to the hotel. ***Don't forget to book now for this years Summer Festivals in Cheltenham***. Getting out and about, see Cheltenham, the Cotswolds, Cheltenham Racecourse, the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Westonbirt Arboretum, Sudeley Castle, Slimbridge Wild Fowl Trust and the Forest of Dean. So whether you re visiting Cheltenham for meetings, business or pleasure, you will receive a warm welcome at the Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.