Possibly the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. I would have had a better nights sleep if i had stayed on a park bench or maybe the beach.
For a start we were put in the bedroom number 15, refuse to stay here if for some unknown reason you actually decide to stay in this hotel. This room is situated right at reception, great huh, NO! Just NO!. This brings me onto my first problem the walls are as thick as tracing paper. I was surprised i could not see the other guests walking up and down the stairs but believe me you could hear them. Every single step, creek or in some cases falling drunk bodies flying down the stairs. Our room also had a stud wall that connected us to the dining room but I get ahead of myself we had to get through the night before we were woken up by the teeth grinding sound of forks being scraped across plates.
To go into detail may put u off reading this as it would be an even bigger essay so i will sum up our night;
- Some sort of karaoke night happening in one room. Which turned out to just be a noisy bunch of people
- The kettle had actual chunks of rust floating in the bottom. Not a little bit, massive chunks
- Woken up at 4.30 by screaming and shouting. You f'ing this and that, people running up and down the stairs slamming the front door. Leaving the front door open while they smoke. Getting locked out so they banged the door over and over until someone opened it.
- my girlfriend opened the room door to find a drunk man using it as a leaning post which gave her a fright about 5 in the morning by this time.
- the emergency number the hotel provides in the rooms do not work they simple leave the phone off the hook. i had to go to reception to find another number stuck to the door.
- Finally got through to hotel stuff who said they would be 5 minutes. Half hour later the noise started to die down.
- 15 minutes later all hell breaks loose again and the arguments start up screaming and shouting again.
- Woken up by someone repeatedly falling down the stairs.
- Woken up by people eating breakfast due to started wall
Seriously pay that little extra and go somewhere decent. I cant convey not through lack of trying how bad this place is. I wouldn't stay here if it was free. In fact my personal recommendation is to park in the NCP car park outside the hotel and sleep there. It will cost you about £6 and be considerably cheaper, more comfortable and quieter.
Not room 15, not any rooms
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC