We got a great deal through Travelzoo and are so glad we went although we did think twice about it beforehand because the weather forecast was not good.
We stayed in a Porth Veor beach view villa (not to be confused with the Beach House). The villa was excellent, very clean, nicely furnished with a view of the beach, a small garden & balcony and our own parking space. We had asked for somewhere quiet and this was perfect.
On our first night we tried their restaurant (Beaucliffes) in the hotel’s conservatory. It was so good we ended up having all of our breakfasts and evening meals there.
The hotel and apartments have free wifi but unfortunately our villa (12) was just out of range to receive it so we had to go into the hotel whenever we wanted access. Not a huge deal but it would have been useful to search for things to do on a rainy day without having to go out into the rain to do it.
The location was good with the beach nearby and it's a pleasant walk into Newquay (although Newquay itself is not for us). We were also hoping to do the coastal walk in the other direction to Watergate Bay and to eat at Jamie Oliver's 15 restaurant but unfortunately the rain prevented us from doing that. The National Trust properties Trerice (5 miles) and Lanydrock (20 miles) are well worth a visit and the Screech Owl Sanctuary is 8 miles.
We will definitely return when the weather has improved. The staff were so pleasant and helpful and we loved the setting. Many guests are return visitors to the hotel and villas and I can completely understand why.
- Also Known As:
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas And Apartments
- Porth Veor Manor
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel
- Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments Newquay, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying an elevated position with terraced gardens overlooking Porth beach near Newquay, this award winning hotel is a delightful mid-19th century Manor. Porth Veor Manor not only features the modern day comforts of a well appointed hotel but also offers the option of luxury 4 star villas and apartments in the hotel grounds. Amenities include a fine dining restaurant, bar, lounge areas, conservatory, outdoor heated pool, gardens and car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Porth Veor Manor Hotel, Villas & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.