I've stayed here many times. We live near the Gulf Islands but husband travels frequently in and out of YVR, usually work-week trips so when we can swing it I come meet him coming off his midnight flight and we stay here and take the ferry home in the morning. This is one of the only hotels that has smoking rooms, which is notable. The rooms are spacious and somehow, totally silent.
The food and drinks here are really fantastic. As in typical Fairmont Hotels, the buffet breakfast is not to be missed. I've had both the regular and the Gold Floor Lounge versions and they are both fantastic. Honor bar in the Gold Lounge during happy hour and they serve actually lovely food, no pop-and-chips type stuff like in a Sheraton or whatever. It feels comfortable and casual but stylish - snappy service too. I've NEVER had better room service food anywhere (including other Fairmont hotels) and when you've just arrived off of a late flight starving for real food, that means something. Order the turkey club and expect to be sated beyond the pale.
The pool isn't really a pool - or it's three pools depending on how you look at it. There's a hot tub, a wading pool for kids, and a small swim-in-place lap pool. The gym is nice and well-equipped but I've never been to the spa here.
This hotel is very literally IN the airport. If you've saved money on your flight because it means you get into YVR at 1 am or have to leave at six am, it's worth a night here. It will extend your vacation and make everything about getting on/off the plane easier. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Airport
- Fairmont Richmond
- Vancouver Airport Fairmont Hotel
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Richmond Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is the only soundproofed, luxury hotel and spa conveniently located within Vancouver's International Airport (YVR). Situated directly above the US departures terminal only a two-minute stroll from the luggage carousels. Sleep in luxury right above your gate and avoid shuttles. This AAA / CAA 4-diamond airport hotel features:- an extensive Health Club and Spa- soundproofed guestrooms- breathtaking floor-to-ceiling views- day use roomsThe Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel's award-winning, signature restaurant, GlobeYVR Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.Wireless Internet Access is available in all of our guest rooms and is complimentary for Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.