A truly relaxing, beautiful, interesting, and friendly resort.
I sometimes find it hard to relax on beach holidays but it is so safe and comfortable here it is impossible not to chill out and re-charge your batteries. I travelled on my own, but the staff are genuinely friendly and it's very easy to feel at home.
The beach cottages (where I stayed) and the lagoon suites contrast quite a bit - both seem great. The beach cottages genuinely feel like beach living with the constant sound of surf and access straight onto the beach. The lagoon side is incredibly tranquil and still by comparison.
I'm not hugely into water sports - there is plenty to do if you are - but even so enjoyed visiting the Fleming villa (with his former gardener, Ramsey, that brought it all to life) (note, if the villa is hired you may not get access), visiting Firefly, and walking into the local village. I enjoyed learning about the Jamaican culture and lifestyle, and have bought the James Bond Dr. No movie (shot locally) and a Bob Marley album on my return!
A wonderful, well run resort in a unique location - don't tell too many people, and it will remain a location for 'licence to chill' holidays.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Jamaica/Oracabessa, Saint Mary Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s northcoast. Built by the novelist Ian Fleming as his Jamaican retreat, GoldenEye is where Fleming wrote all 14 James Bond novels. Today, GoldenEye is an award-winning Island Outpost hotel owned by Chris, the Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. Though built in 1949, GoldenEye reopened in2010 following a two-year expansion. The hotel now encompasses Fleming’s original villa plus 11Cottages and six Lagoon Suites, all with direct access to the sea. GoldenEye has two restaurants (bistro and fine dining), two pools and its signature Field Spa with open-air treatment rooms. Sited on 52 stunning acres, GoldenEye is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Goldeneye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.