I came across this place while looking for a resort to stay at for an overnight team outing. Zeroed on the place for the prices they offered were around our budget allocation.
The "in-charge" manager was quite helpful through the booking process, allowing us for an early check-in, it is after the check-in that the horrors started, the rooms were unkempt, they offer different types of cottages and rooms, but the story was the same everywhere.
The curtains and bedsheets were dirty with several spots, the rooms had spiders and webs almost in every corner you could find, under the bed-side lamps, in the bathroom near the flush or the hand-wash. The bathroom fittings were shabby too, with leaking pipes and non functional geyser in at least one room.
Coming to the food offered on the resort, their one and only saving grace is the tea and coffee, apart from that the food was worthy of trash can, every item on the menu was as bad as it could get, paneer and chicken specially were non edible. The staff they have is untrained for the catering part for sure.
Some thing as minor as a Table Tennis bat was not good. they have all of 2-3 items for a Gym and again not in proper working condition.
Things that I liked about this place:
1. Location, very near to Nisarga Dham
2. The landscaping, though a couple of water bodies are non functional but overall they have done a good job of keeping the place green and beautiful. the pool was good too.
3. The "in-charge" manager Sanju, he is new but puts in an effort, him not being aware of a few things did cause a big confusion and almost spoiled my trip, but there is not much he could have done anyway.
Things that I disliked about the place:
1. Maintenance of the rooms: All rooms need proper regular cleaning, being placed in a lot of greenery may mean that things like spiders creep in, but cleaning will certainly keep a check.
2. Food: They need an overhaul on this one, food is below average and totally spoils the experience.
Would I go there again, maybe, but if they are willing to take care of maintenance and food.
- Also Known As:
- Coorg County Hotel Suntikoppa
- Coorg County Resort Karnataka
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Coorg County Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.