The good things:
• Great location - Amidst a coffee plantation. Greenery all around, you can wake up to birds chirping
• Bird Watching - A bird watcher's paradise
• Traditional designed villas - We had a private pool villa. The villa is designed in a traditional south Indian way (great wooden furniture, open courtyard, private pool). Well thought out.
The Bad Experience:
• Extra Beds - We had two of our kids staying with us and we had paid for the extra beds. We instructed the front office that we would want to rest after lunch and would like the beds placed by lunch time. But when we went to our villa after lunch the beds had not yet been arranged. When I called up the front desk, I was told that the beds have already been placed. I told the lady that NO there are no extra beds. She then told me that she will check and have them arranged. Then 2 hours pass and still nothing. I again call her and she does not believe me. She then comes up to our villa to check for herself. She then starts giving explanations on what happened and why she is not be blamed and on & on. I told her to please stop the ranting and just get the beds arranged. Anyways then the housekeeping comes and arranges the beds. In the evening the lady comes to our villa with a sorry card, flowers & cake. Nice touch, but I would much rather get the basics right!
• Toilet Flush not working - Our toilet flush refused to work. We called housekeeping and they came and repaired it, but then after a couple of flushes it would go bad. This happened 4 times and each time we were promised that it is now repaired. The other thing about the bathrooms - the water pressure is very low, so you can’t operate two taps at the same time. For e.g. When the flush cistern is filling up, the pressure in the wash basin reduces. The bathroom fittings are dated, circa 1990's. The bathroom seriously needs a refresh.
• Coffee Machine in the Granary restaurant. For the three days we were there, the coffee machine in the main restaurant was not working. So if you wanted a cappuccino you had to walk to the reading lounge.
• Food - is of average quality. We tried all the three restaurants.
o Granary - the large buffet restaurant. While the spread seemed wide, the quality & taste itself needs a lot of improvement. For e.g. the Lucknowi Biryani seemed very South Indian to us & the Balushahi (sweet) were hard & dry.
o Plantain Leaf - The chats are all below par. Obviously the Chef/cooks have been trying hard, but they just are not right. You would not like to pay money to eat such chat.
o Pepper Corn - Slightly better than the rest. The weather was hot & humid but there were no fans provided. We also had a large stray cat eating on a table trying to eat from the plate!
o Poolside - The snacks in the evening are very pedestrian. Ordinary pakoras & bajjis. Salty & oily.
• The resort charges extra for bi cycles. While the golf carts are complimentary!
• No Internet - Wi-Fi or Wired in the rooms. You will have to go to the reception area.
• Staff - there is a huge training issue here. The restaurant staff does not know the basics. For e.g. they will not clear used plates. Essentially there is no one waiting on you in any of the restaurants. You have to literally call for attention.
So in my experience & view, this is an average property that charges extra ordinary prices.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
5 April 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your positive observations and the constructive feedback on Orange County, Coorg that you painstakingly compiled. We are a company that takes guests’ feedback very seriously. Having gone through your review at length, we have investigated the issues further. Please find below our points of view on a few of the issues that you had raised.
You had booked two rooms together and requested for one extra bed in one and two in the other. There seems to have been some confusion at our end during the implementation of the same. We understand the frustration that you went through. We clearly did not meet the high standards we have set for ourselves.
The WC in your room was replaced just a week prior to your stay. While the manufacturer says the new version is an improvement, from your experience we understand that there are clearly some issues with the same. We thank you for your candid feedback and promise to address this issue at the earliest.
Other than our check-in lounge and Coffee lounge, the ‘Granary’ is the only restaurant among the 3 that has an automatic espresso machine. We are currently not offering our guests espresso based beverages at the ‘Granary’. However, we do serve south Indian filter coffee and black coffee here. The six month old espresso machine at the ‘Granary’ had serious manufacturing defects and in fact the Italian manufacturer is replacing the machine in the month of April.
The decision to do without Wi-Fi in the suites and televisions in the bedrooms was a deliberate one. The resort aims at getting you ‘disconnected’ from the snares of the ‘urban jungle’, and instead, ‘connects’ you to a new universe that comes alive with the sights and sounds of nature.
Bicycles are charged Rs.60/- per hour only to create an accountability in the hirer to return them. This charge was introduced because the bicycles were not being returned as there was no compulsion to do so. And searching the 300-acre property for bicycles that were not responsibly returned was proving to be an arduous task.
Let me clearly state that we are not trying to justify our mistakes. We also know that these explanations are not going to compensate you for your unpleasant experience. However, we would like to express our heart-felt apologies for the inconveniences you had to endure during your holiday.
We are looking forward to seeing you again at Orange County, Coorg so that we can make your Orange County holiday truly ‘Special’.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC