Absolutely amazing old fort with great views! We stayed here for just one night on our trip from Shimla to Chandigarh, it’s about an hour’s drive from Kalka station and 1.5 hours to Chandigarh. It’s out of the main tourist route and located up a small side street on the top of a hill so hard to find if you don’t have a taxi. The only way to describe it is a beautiful tranquil 600 year old palace, perched on a hill overlooking the third world dirt and chaos.
We had a deluxe room which was huge with a massive walk in shower and bathroom and paid around 4000 Rupees (we just turned up and booked) Our room opened up onto a grassy courtyard lined with mango trees and white washed walls. There are amazing views of the landscape from little balconies and windows. The terrace has amazing sunset views over the chaos below.
The food served in the restaurant was very good with an evening buffet and a good selection of curries and breads. The pool is very relaxed, however, my only gripe was the two local kids by the pool who sat next to us giggling and pointing constantly. Not sure if they belonged to the hotel or not but it was like they’d never seen westerners before.
We also had a massage, manicure and pedicure when we were there which I think was overpriced for what it was. We subsequently then didn’t have enough cash to pay for the room and the card machine didn’t work, so think twice before taking a massage!
- Also Known As:
- Nalagarh Fort Hotel Nalagarh
- Nalagarh Fort Himachal Pradesh
- Nalagarh Fort Resorts Himachal Pradesh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nalagarh Fort is a heritage resort with all modern facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Nalagarh Fort Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.