I stayed at this hotel on business for three nights in late April. Within easy walking distance (15 mins) of La Gare Centrale, which is nice, no cabs or buses needed. It was also right across from the Palais des Congrès, where I was working. Very convenient.
Check-in was a breeze, and I was stunned when they handed me six free drink tickets – you could use only two each night, but so what? That’s a $15 value. Plus, the hotel has a full breakfast included, with even made-to-order omelettes available.
I was already impressed heading up to the room, but my expectations were surpassed even further when I walked in. Jacuzzi tub, fireplace, kitchenette, microwave, fridge, freezer, two TVs and coffee maker! I couldn’t believe it. Most hotel rooms these days don’t even have a fridge, let alone any of those other benefits.
The only downside was that I had two doubles instead of a king, but who cares, I was travelling alone. I was thrilled with the room.
They didn’t scrimp on the supplies or anything. Room was very well cleaned.
As I said, you get free drink tickets. You go down 5:30 – 7:30 in the evening and in the restaurant you get your free drinks, there are TVs with the hockey game, and a mini-buffet with free veggies, chips and pretzels. This hotel truly goes above and beyond for its guests.
As for down sides, the wireless Internet, although free, was a bit of a pain. You had to put in a password and it took forever, with multiple IE restarts, to get the damn page to load. Once you got connected though, it was fine.
Can’t comment on gym or pool as I didn’t have time to go – Sens were playing! I’m not sure that there actually is a pool. You can’t beat the location though.
Overall I’d rate this hotel at the top. Pretty inexpensive and so many services included. Try it out!
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel
- Montreal Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites is Montréal's newest downtown "Suite" hotel. With a contemporary style, our uniqueness extends to our "Zen" inspired lobby décor featuring wood paneling and ceilings, black granite floors, and an indoor water display. Offering so much more than ordinary rooms, our 455 square-foot studios and 600 square-foot suites are well equipped; many with full kitchens, fireplaces, and "double" Jacuzzis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.