This hotel was chosen for it's location to the water and being downtown near Gastown and the tourist office. Check in was a breeze and I have to say that the staff were quick, efficient and prompt. When I asked if they could call the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge to check if my missing cell phone had been handed in they said the concierge would handle it. I spoke to the duty concierge Kate and she got straight onto it and checked for me which was great stating she would contact me or leave message of the results.
Great, I go do some touristy things and come back to retrieve a message from the TV message board and not being able to access the second page of the message without the service have a coronary and stalling. Hotel reception printed the message for me and I go hunting for the afternoon concierge who was not available on several visits to the desk but on the third attempt Rodolfo contacted Jasper and organised for the phone to be shipped home to Australia.
That was the brilliant and good side.
I went to use the in house restaurant last night ( April 18 ) and was advised that there was a wait as a private function had taken over most of the restaurant and only the lounge are was available. I was welcome to wait at the bar till a table become free. No problems with that my problem was that hotel patrons staying here were not warned that the restaurant had limited service and also that the bar area was lit only by the lights behind the bar and the lounge area by candles only. No overhead lighting till it came back on mid meal and after the other part of the restaurant was being broken down after the private event.
Perhaps I expect too much being used to Asian hotels where if there is an issue like that the guests are warned beforehand.
This is the only real problem I have had with this hotel and noted it on the feedback form for the restaurant. It is not the staff's fault but it is something management needs to look in the further for consideration to the other hotel guests.
One thing I have to say is that the staff make this hotel more than the location and the price to eat at the hotel is a little on the high side. Good restaurants are near by.
Would I recommend staying here, yes but look at eating outside the hotel if possible.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. This hotel is an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art (and recently renovated) meeting facilities and breathtaking views of Vancouver’s harbour, North Shore Mountains and the sparkling city skyline. Guests can enjoy a taste of local flavour in Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar, visit the hotel's rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where the restaurant's fresh herbs and honey are sourced from, and then take advantage of the complimentary health club and outdoor heated pool overlooking the harbour. This modern hotel boasts the best location in the city, nestled on Vancouver’s harbour and directly connected to the onsite Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place Cruiseship terminal and offers delegates door to door service to the airport via Skytrain (rapid transit). Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.