This is a nice hotel with great service. My husband and I spent four nights in what we call a "starter vacation," which is a stay to experience the city before spending time at a resort. Nearly all activities that Vancouver has to offer (bikes, nature walks, restaurants, clubs, shopping) are a short cab ride or walk away. Public transportation also seemed accessible, although we didn't personally exercise that option. Here are the things I wish someone would have mentioned on this forum that would have been helpful to know about the area.
First of all, Vancouver is a walking friendly city and the Bayshore is centrally located to activities for couples and families. In addition to a Safeway, there's a Whole Foods and several liquor stores nearby, definitely walking distance. Not to sound whiney, but cocktails at restaurants are absudly overpriced compared to purchasing a bottle of wine, so plan accordingly. I'm not sure why other reviews mention that tower rooms are sub-standard. Our corner tower room had a lovely view of the harbor, was nicely renovated and also quiet. The Westin is a great people watching spot, since it is located near Stanely Park and harbor activities.
The reason we say the service was great at the Westin (with the exception of a rude poolside waiter) was the manager Cassy who made our stay special by giving us the inside track on restaurants and entertainment spots that are not as touristy and more local. This is how we like to travel and she put our stay over the top to excellent.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views of the coastline, distant mountains, and Stanley Park. Connected to the historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall, you're just moments away from unspoiled nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.