I had no expectations arriving at this hotel. The reviews led me to believe this place could be awful or great. And there is nothing wrong with this place per se. It's clean, decently appointed and offers free parking (huge plus for downtown Calgary). My father and I shared a room with two queen beds and for two nights, it was fine for us. I'm big on things being clean, and this place was - right down to the washroom.
However, it's clearly not in the same ballpark as other hotels in downtown Calgary. Firstly, it's a little out of the way of the rest of downtown Calgary, however it is pretty close to a c train. The breakfast, while free, was barely adequate. Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. I don't eat egg or sausage, so I was left with toast and a cinnamon bun. There was a pancake machine there, but it looked like it hadn't been touched, so I stayed away. Also, they didn't replace the shampoo or conditioner (which were excellent quality) and I had to ask for more.
A nice touch which we didn't take advantage of was the in room microwave and fridge. My boyfriends father stays here for 5 nights at a time when he's in Calgary consulting and enjoys these amenities.
So it's the little things that keep this out of the league of other downtown Calgary hotels. However, I would very likely stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Calgary Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Calgary, Alberta Hotel Offers Free Parking You'll enjoy an unbeatable location when you stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Calgary, just 15 km from the Calgary International Airport (YYC). Our hotel is also only one block from Calgary's Light Rail Transit (LRT). Want to be in the center of the action in Calgary, Alberta? Our hotel is just minutes from TELUS World of Science, the Pengrowth Saddledome, the Glenbow Museum and other popular attractions in downtown Calgary. Our hotel's guests can see a concert at the Jack Singer Concert Hall, visit history at the Mewata Armoury and shop in the CORE shopping centre. Business travelers also enjoy our close proximity to TELUS Convention Center, Shell Canada, SNC-Lavalin, NEXEN Inc., Husky, ATCO, NOVA Chemicals, Halliburton, the main branch offices for Scotia Bank, RBC and Alberta Treasury Branch, as well as other numerous businesses in downtown Calgary. Lodging here gives you easy access to our 430-sq. ft. meeting room and the business centre. We go beyond the other hotels in Calgary to offer top-quality amenities, from the complimentary hot breakfast bar, fitness centre and currency exchange service to each room's free high-speed Internet access and balcony overlooking downtown Calgary. Our hotel's rooms feature triple-sheeted beds, a workspace, a 27-inch TV with in-room movies, a fridge and a microwave. Our pet-friendly hotel looks forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.