My family and I attended a reunion this year and stayed at Baker Creek Chalets, a short drive from Lake Louise, within Banff National Park. We couldn't have picked a nicer place I'm sure. The log cabin we stayed in (#9) had two bedrooms with comfortable queen and single beds, as well as a pull-out bed in the living room area if needed, a kitchenette, full bath, two decks, one of which had a picnic table on it, and best of all a stone fireplace. The cabin was very clean & comfortable & looked out onto the Rockies. The mountains were stiill snow covered and on a sunny day looked absolutely glorious. To save money, we bought our own groceries, which turned out to be a good idea as things tended to be expensive within the Park. We didn't eat out anywhere as a result but enjoyed cooking our own meals. There is a resturant nearby if you wished to dine elsewhere. The kitchette is rather small, but has a stove,1/2 fridge, microwave, pots,pans, dishes & utensiles, everything we needed. We also brought charcoals with us & had a scrumptious BBQ using one of the firepits near the little creek which runs beside the Chalets. You couldn't have asked for a more picturesque spot, with snow covered mountains surrounding you, ice still hanging onto to the sides of the creek & ocassionally the sound of a freight train heading to the Pacific Coast carrying wheat from the Prairies. A Canadian postcard for sure. Staff did everything they could to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Each day they dropped off a free load of firewood to ensure we had enough to have a nice fire in the evenings if we wished. The air was clear and crisp & it was a peaceful & rejuvenating place to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area without any hesitation. I'll definately re-book there when in the area again.
- Also Known As:
- Baker Creek Chalets Hotel Lake Louise
- Baker Creek Chalets Hotel
- Baker Creek Chalets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy, Mountain Chalets, situated on scenic Bow Valley Parkway, 6 miles east of Lake Louise & 25 miles west of Banff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Baker Creek Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.