We just returned from our second visit to this lovely resort. We find this the perfect place to relax, unwind and reconnect. This is a small resort and is very quiet unless you have the occasional loud wedding party. We were here for 9 nights (June 6-15) to celebrate our anniversary and the first couple of days were a little loud from a wedding party but when they left it was extremely laid back and quiet for our remaining stay.
We passed on an upgrade to a Honeymoon Suite because we love the Mi Hotelito section. We requested the same room we stayed in last time (201) which is just steps away from the “24” pool. It allows for easy access to the pool and beach and my husband loves to sit on our patio and drink the coffee served there early in the morning. It is also handy because the bar is open until 11:00 PM. This is just our preference as many couples preferred the larger rooms in the other section. We just don’t spend enough time in the room for that to make a difference.
We did not go to Rick’s Bar so we cannot comment on the entertainment. Breakfast, lunch and room service were always excellent. We do agree with many other guests who say that most of the evening meals were disappointing. We knew this from our previous visit so this was not a deal breaker for us although we did give 4 stars instead of 5 because of this. For the price point of this resort this definitely needs to improve. It is worthy of 5 stars in every other category.
The beach is absolutely beautiful and the soft white sand never burns your feet. There were always beach beds and loungers available anytime of the day on the beach. We spent most of our time at the “24” pool and although the seating there is limited, we always found a lounger. We had excellent service from the bartenders, Emilio and Rene, and our glasses were never empty. The staff at this resort is very attentive, helpful and friendly without being obtrusive. Along with Emilio and Rene, we would like to thank Cindy at Papitos who greeted us with her huge smile and a hug every morning, Armando who took such good care of us at lunch at Sabores, and Adella and Zuly who stopped by every day to say hi and see if we needed anything.
We will definitely return to this resort in the future although we plan to return to El Dorado Seaside on our next trip.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Dorado Maroma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Resort
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of Travel Channels Top Ten Beaches in the World, El Dorado Maroma is an upscale, exclusive Caribbean resort for romantic couples and active vacationers alike. Intimate and beachfront. Rustic and luxurious at the same time. the hotel provides outstanding services and gourmet cuisine. Receive personalized butler and concierge service, arrive with style with a champagne check in. It is rustic, because it is not pretentious and was built using traditional materials and with the philosophy of embracing the bounty of the nature and the local environment. It lies directly on the beach of Maroma, considered to be one of the best beaches in the world by independent reviewers, including the Discovery Channel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.