Overall a fantastic experience! Would go back to the same hotel
Hotel: Very clean and well maintained. Not first class in design but if you consider the overall experience, the design is a non-issue. The great thing is the gym is provided for free and if your flight leaves in the evening even after checkout at 11:00 am you can still use the pool or beach because a dressing room with showers and toiletries/towels is provided. They will look after your luggage. Not to mention access to food and drinks. Free wifi in the lobby area with an awesome ocean view. Wherever you choose to eat, there's always a spectacular view of the ocean. If you don't get an ocean view room, it's not a problem because the lagoon view is also beautiful. You get the sunset over the lagoon. Spectacular!
Staff: First class, friendly and extremely helpful. They were hardworking and always pleased to serve. Awesome from the bell boys to the front desk, maids to the servers! Beware of timeshare offer when you arrive but if you're not interested they were very understanding. If you attend a session, you get freebies. Up to you how you spend your time.
Food: Enjoyable and no shortage of food. There are some staples repeated daily but overall you will not go hungry. Pace yourself, choose different foods daily and you won't find yourself eating the same thing. ! Try the different restaurants for dinner because there are theme nights. The snack bar provides the standard burger, fries, wings, nachos but they add daily varieties to enjoy. The pork ribs were amazing. They had stir fry chicken, civilian and more. The buffet always had fresh food and lots to choose from. The outdoor restaurant keeps you connected to the pool and beach. Great ambience!
Drinks: No shortage, of course....the sky's the limit! Service from bar staff was great.
Entertainment: Nightly shows were very entertaining and professionally done! The theatre was always set up beautifully and well attended. Lobby entertainment was a nice addition in the late evening. Pool entertainment during the day was mediocre but the entertainment staff were friendly. Music played by the pool was the same over. Better selection required. Spend some time in the marina pedal boating or kayaking. Guests of the hotel gets it for free with your all inclusive stay. It was beautiful.
Kids club: Available but we didn't really use it. Couldn't stay with my daughter. It was a drop off program. If you want some time for yourself it's an option but we wanted to spend time together so didn't avail of it.
Ocean: Fantastic. The beach was beautiful but the waves can be very strong. We stayed poolside most of the time. The view is top rated! Some vendors sell hats, glasses or braid services. Not cheap but the choice is yours.
Tours: Consider taking a tour of Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world. It was amazing! Our trip consisted of 3 stops: Suytun Cenote (cavern), restaurant and gift shop (with live band and dancers), finally the majestic Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. We booked through the operator in the hotel, deluxe package. Very reasonable in price especially when you have a large group. There were 7 of us. Be prepared to lose a full day from 7 am to 7 pm but it is worth it.
Shopping outside the hotel: they have modern malls but try the local market. For $8.50 pesos we took the bus outside the hotel and went to Market 28. The buses run 24 hrs a day. Drivers will stop anywhere to pick you up but they do have bus stops along the hotel zone. Arts and crafts and other souvenir items are available. Be prepared to barter the best deal. They know the value of a dollar. Got my daughter's braids for $5 for a half a head. Great deal!
Tips: Not required but a good gesture. They truly appreciate it. I brought $50 USD and practically used it all. They exchange at the front desk but no small bills. Typically in $10, $20 bills.
They have a clothing donation program. Bring clean clothes for kids and they will donate to needy children. What a great way to help the community.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Cancun Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Royal Solaris Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.