My now husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Buganvillias in August and enjoyed our stay.
As Starwood members, we stayed on one of the top floors with a large terrace overlooking the water and free breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres/wine/champagne. The service we received was impeccable with the same two men there to answer our questions every day.
Since we did not stay all-inclusive, we chose to walk to town each night for dinner. The hotel's recommendations were always amazing, showing us to a mix of "fun touristy" and "off the beaten trail" restaurants. We came back full and happy each night.
The hotel itself is very clean and the pool was perfect to lay out each day with optional umbrellas to guard you from the sun if desired.
I have only 2 complaints from our stay.
First- the beach was not very clean and was very rocky, making not an ideal place to swim. Also, because it's a public beach, local merchants walk up to the edge of the hotel area and beg you to buy their products (hats, jewelry, etc). We learned this early on and stayed away from that area. Since the pool was great, we were not too upset, but it would have been nice to have the option to go into the ocean.
Second- The resort also has a time-share component. They time-share employees are very pushy and tried to get our attention each morning to join them for cocktail hour. We got sucked in (with the offer of a free bottle of tequila, free airport shuttle and a discounted zip-line tour with one of the best Puerto Vallarta companies). The timeshare thing was not for us, but we still consider that we made out with a good deal considering we drank the tequila and were already planning to do that same zip-line tour.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city’s distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.