We decided to taker our last trip to the Maldives in November as we were expecting a baby in February. We thought we take a trip to Kuredu as we had heard good things about it. We arrived on Kuredu to a lovely warm welcome and the obligatory fruit cocktail.
Our travel rep came to see us and informed us that the hotel had been over booked and our room was not available until the following day. To be fair they did offer us a free upgrade to the Ovillas but the rep did say that due to us having our daughter with us it made it difficult to put a third bed in the Ovilla (you couldn't move around the room very well) she also informed us that due to the bad weather the Maldives had been experiencing, the water was very choppy around that side. With this information we said we would wait for our room that we had originally booked (Room 110) Just for your information, try not to stay this side if you can help it. The sea planes start landing at 7 in the morning, there not the most quietest of planes!!
The room was adequate for our needs it wasn't the most luxurious of rooms compared to other islands we have stayed on. Our room was cleaned every day and the bed was turned down for us every night. We were left bottled water every day and the mini bar stocked every day. As with most Maldivian accommodation the bathroom is outside, its clean and modern but the only problem with this is the creepy crawlies!! if your anything like me make sure you take some bug spray with you! and your husband or significant other in the night if you have to get up because i guarantee you there will be something out there!!! We had massive Ants all in the toilet every night so check the seat before you sit down!
Just a heads up here, there are no parasols with the sun beds!! There are a couple of sun beds that are shaded by palm trees but you have to be up with the larks to get one of these. What did annoy me, is that the same people would reserve them every day then sit at the bar drinking all day. *rant over*
The food was good although there was not a lot of choice. There was a different theme every day, some days better than others. There was a salad bar every night and if you like Tuna you'll love it as there was fresh tuna on the griddle nearly every night.
personally i don't like having cooked meals at lunch time so i used to make myself a sandwich
up from the bread counter and salad bar. On one particular day there wasn't anything i could put in a sandwich so i asked for some cheese. Now, they serve sliced cheese every morning and have a cheese cabinet at night and yet when i asked for some they said i couldn't have any!! i was a little shocked, you think the money you pay and they say no to a slice of cheese for a pregnant woman. They do have great breakfast chefs especially the guy who does the eggs, he was great, he remembers your name and says hello every morning and makes you what ever you want ...with eggs!!
All in al,l it was an ok holiday for the Maldives, but if your looking for something special and you've been to the Maldives before this is not the place. We have been to two other islands and they were both amazing, see my other reviews if you are looking for locations to travel to.
We spoke to other couples that were staying on Kuredu and had never been to the Maldives before and they all seemed to love it. I think its just that i have been spoiled on my other visits. I am not saying that Kuredu isn't nice, im just saying that there is better islands to go to. I also think that the weather wasn't the best during our visit which also contributes to my perspective of this trip, basically it rained nearly every day!!!
Happy Holidays x
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Kuredu Island Hotel
- Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Resort
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched atop northern reef of Lhaviyani Atoll, Kuredu Island Resort celebrates twenty-five years of meritorious service to it’s guests. This large resort offers a range of options with seven restaurants, seven bars, nine categories of accommodation, sports and leisure activities. The resort operates single largest dive centre in Maldives. Kuredu Golf Club is the first golf club in Maldives and is still the largest. With 85% of the resort retained as nature, eco friendliness in operation has won international accolades. Be your holiday romantic, diving, golfing, sheer chill out, culinary exploration, Kuredu is the natural choice.Kuredu ... ... ... pure as silver, good as paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.