We stayed on the morning star side of the property and the grounds were beautiful. The proximity to the beach is a must. While the main frenchman's reef property has been beautifully renovated, the distance to the beach made it undesirable to my husband and I. Havana blue was excellent, absolutely go while you're there.
Although it was nice to be so close to the beach, I was a little disappointed in the room we stayed in. We had an oceanfront balcony, which was incredible but the room definitely smelled a little musty and there were clear signs of black mold on the ceiling and in the bathroom tile grout. The bathroom in general was in need of a renovation. The service was also touch and go. I found the staff at cocojoe's to be downright surly sometimes. Otherwise, other staff members were great. These minor issues aside, we had a nice time.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.