We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dorado back in November 2009. This was our second trip to Puerto Rico and I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Embassy Suites. My in-laws are Marriott Timeshare owners and they decided to stay at the Embassy Suites because we would have kitchen areas to prepare our meals in.
The first issue is the location of the Embassy. Because it is on a large property it is almost a mile walk to get to the main street. A car is necessary to get around everywhere. We really enjoyed taking walks at night and walking to the local restaurants during our first stay. This was not possible at the Embassy.
The beach at the resort is absolutely awful. I am from Florida so maybe I have higher beach standards than others do? The beach itself is small and there are not many spots to lay down a towel. It is nearly impossible to swim in the ocean unless you are a skilled swimmer. During rough currents you are smashed onto rocks. Because the beach is terrible everyone goes to the pool and the seats are all taken by lunch. Go to the pool early or be prepared to not get a lawn chair.
During our trip I got a rash all over my body. I don't know if I had an allergic reaction with jacuzzi outside or the fabric detergent on our sheets, but needless to say I spent the majority of my trip taking benadryl and misserable.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach & Golf Hotel Dorado
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach And Golf Resort
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach & Golf Hotel
- Puerto Rico Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Dorado
- Dorado Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all suite beachfront Resort in Puerto Rico offering a relaxed tropical atmosphere with a three form lagoon pool overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. A perfect setting for families offering a two room suite, a daily complimentary cooked to order breakfast and two hours at our evening reception daily. Recreational facilities include an 18-hole par-72 Chi Chi Rodriguez signature golf course, a Fitness center, game room, Laundromat, a new Casino and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.