My spouse and I spent a week at Sandals Montego Bay this Feb. 2012. We had an ocenview walkout room with concierge service that was very comfortable and practical. It was worth choosing this type of room. It was exceptionally clean everywhere: rooms, common areas, beaches, with lots of loungers on the beach.
This was our first time going to a Sandals resort. The staff is very friendly and all seem very happy to be working there. All-inclusive here really means all-inclusive. The only extra money we spent was on an excursion to Negril. The excursion was allright but I think others would have been better. Yes, we can hear the planes takeoff however there are less than 10 a day (less during week days) and never early or late in the day. The takeoffs lasted 5 - 10 secs. We got used to it very quickly. The beach area was very nice and the beach is private i.e. no one from outside the resort can access it.
The food was very good. We had no difficulties getting reservations through our concierge. We had expresso coffee every morning even though there was none in the breakfast are, just ask the staff. Late one night we asked for dessert in the common area during the night entertainment. We were served immediately. The alcohol was brand name and the house wine very acceptable, even for the fussy drinker. The wine list was limited but still had some good choices.
There were many folks returning to this resort year after year.We would return too.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.