We stayed at the Coyaba for two weeks in April 2012. The hotel is right on a most beautiful beach, the Grand Anse, with magnificent views across to St Georges. It also has lovely gardens which are constantly being tended by the gardeners, and the flowers are so colourful.
The rooms are comfortable but not anything special, and very few have a sea view. Previous guests are given priority for these. We had booked over 12 months ago and asked for a sea view room and only after 5 days were we given one. Most rooms overlook the gardens.
The gardens open directly on to the Grand Anse, and the beach is wonderful for walking along. The beach vendors can be a nuisance and one or two were almost threatening, but a firm "No thank you" usually prevailed.
We did read criticism of staff and food on Trip Advisor before going and generally these were not true. However, it is fair to say that a few of the younger staff just didn't want to be friendly, to the extent of being surly, but most were good. A special mention for Stanley, who makes fabulous Highway cocktails and fills the air with his laughter, and Paul Lewis, for whom nothing was too much trouble. He arranged a dinner on tthe beach for my wife's birthday which was special.
Generally. the food was acceptable and varied, although the sweets were under average. The big problem was quantity in that it was not unusual for an item on the menu to have run out at an early stage. For example, by 8.30 in the morning there would often be no tomatoes left for breakfast.
The pool is too small to swim in, but with the sea on the doorstep this was not a problem.
The evening entertainment consisted of a steel band on Saturday, and they were good, and a less than good band on Tuesdays.
The highlight of our stay was a trip on a catamaran to snorkel above the underwater sculptures at Molinere Bay, followed by a barbecue at Hog Island. Terrific value day out.
Our overall feeling is that we would go to the Coyaba again.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Hotel
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.