Stayed at Barcelo Solymar April 20-27 and had a fabulous time. We were a group of 4 in our late 30s.We had 2 bungalow rooms which were fabulous. For a "party resort" we certainly did not have any noise problems-alhthough I may not attend on a spring break.
Service was just fine, some service people better than others but no complaints. Karen at the Pool bar is a gem. We all loved her. We took in night show mostly at Arenas Blancas because we liked the ones there each night and that it is outdoorss. Nice to have access at both resorts.
Beach was incredible!!
Food really was fine-there is enough at the buffet to find something you like. None of us went hungry at all. Tried buffets at both resorts and like Barcelo Solymar better. Did a la cartes at the Grill and had nice surf and turf and the Spanish restaurant which was very good.
For excursions we went on the Jeep tour which was disappointing as there is so much driving and not enough time at stops although swimming in the cave was very cool.
Havana Special trip-all day and then the evening dinner and show at the Tropicana was the highlight of the week. Absolutely recommend it.
Walked into Varadero in less than 5 minutes-excellent location. Calle 62 bar is fun-dancing on the streets and a quick walk to this bar. 5 pesos gets your a day pass on the double decker bus. Went to artisan market whcih was nice and then down past all the other resorts to the tip. Sees like some of the 5 star places are really far down and seem isolated.
Staff were pleasant-from the bars to the restaurants to the front desk-all were polite and friendly.
We brought a Bubba travel mug for drinks-as did what seemed to be 80% of the others. Great to fill your drinks with at the bars. Coffee at lobby bar was good.
We actually also had our hair dryers work without the adapter/converter-although we used them on a lower speed and heat :)
Looking forward to returning here again next year!
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Solymar
- Barcelo Hotel Solymar
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero
- Barcelo Hotel Varadero
- Barcelo Solymar Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Hotel Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero Cuba
- Barcelo Sol y Mar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Solymar***** stands on right on the sea front of the top spot of Varadero beach, Cuba's best-known tourist destination.With a privileged setting just a few metres from the city centre, this exclusive resort, surrounded by beautiful gardens, offers a wide variety of services characterised by the excellent Barceló All-Inclusive programme.Highly recommended for families, couples and those who enjoy diving and water activities in general.Guests at the Barceló Solymar and Barceló Arenas Blancas hotels can enjoy the facilities at either hotel. ... more less