My wife and I (in our mid-fourties) visited April 2nd - 8th. It was wet and very windy on arrival so it was suggested that we dine and in the hope that the rain would pass. The staff in restaurant were professional and yet still full of character. The food was of the highest standard we have experienced. The quality of the red meats, the flavour of the vegetables and the perfect ripeness of every fruit has a delight. Our evening meals were a real highlight at the end of the day.
It was still raining a little when we had finished our meal so we were given a ride to our room. Unfortunately, the wind was so strong in the night that it made our door to the balcony vibrate loudly enough to wake us several times. We raised this issue in the morning and when we returned from our day out we were up-graded to a different and much more spacious suite.
During our time at the Reefs we always felt the staff were doing they very best to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. There was some re-modelling going on but this didn't bother us at all.
We enjoy snorkelling but the wind had wiped the sea up too much until our last day. The visibility still wasn't great when i did try and the water is pretty cold in April. Still there were several big parrot fish just around the first rocks on the beach. On our last day we stopped at John Smith Bay, a beautiful crescent beach with rocks at both ends. The snorkelling around these rocks looked brilliant (a real shame we didn't have our masks with us).
If we visit Bermuda again we will definately stay at the Reefs.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda
- Reefs Bermuda
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.